SHOP THE EDIT
The holiday season is hands down my favourite to dress for. It may not be a white Christmas in Australia but I still like to bring that festive feeling into my dressing around this time of year without needing the now-ironic "Christmas sweater"
My personal favourite way to do this is with emerald. It is festive without being red and white and can ease into your wardrobe come January. Emerald is such a luxe colour so the fabric and cut of the pieces should reflect that. I would dress it down with a white tee and flats but you could also take it up a notch with a deep navy or nude.
So here are some other tips for getting dressed this festive season:
- Stay away from red to escape looking like Mrs Claus
- Always think of the occasion. I know for me Christmas means an afternoon session of croquet so I need something I can move freely in
- Leave room for food. This is not the time to be wearing body con.
- Have a pair of nice flats with you because after running around to family lunches you will need them
- Have fun with it. Wear that statement piece you have been keeping hostage in your wardrobe all year. If there is ever a time to have fun with your clothes – this is it.
This post was created in collaboration with Farfetch